4th Quarter Queso
4TH QUARTER QUESO
Gluten Free and Dairy Free Recipe For Your Football Fiesta
We understand that sport-showdowns can leave a house divided, but with our cashew queso in play, we are confident that everyone will come together. After all, Juntos es Mejor.
It was this time last year that our Siete familia played touch-football in the front yard. Although a series of debatable catches, referee reviewed video, and challenge flags left it unclear which team won, one thing was certain: healthy competition bred a healthy appetite. Enter the unveiling of the healthy-snacking solution, where every-belly was a winner: our cashew queso.
So, without further ado, here is our quick and easy recipe for 4th Quarter Queso which tastes muy delicioso no matter the quarter, and will definitely earn you the title of “Halftime Hero.” It's also gluten free and dairy free!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes, Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 jars of Mild Nacho Cashew Queso (find a store near you)
- 2 bags of Siete Sea Salt chips for dipping
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Roma Tomato
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Oil (avocado or olive)
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup of salted roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado, slices
- Saute ½ cup mushrooms in a skillet for 5 minutes with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside as a topping for the final queso.
- Heat oil at medium heat. Add the onion, jalapeños, garlic, cumin, and a pinch of salt. Gently stir for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 jars of Mild Nacho Queso to the skillet. Stir mixture gently until the queso starts to bubble.
- Remove from heat. Top off with mushrooms, chipotles, pumpkin seeds.